We NEVER store your full credit card number on our system. Your information will never be sold to a third party. All transactions are performed over banking-grade SSL verified certificates.
Our Privacy Principles
- Only collect essential information.
- Allow reasonable access to your data.
- Use encryption at all times to securely transmit and store your data.
About this Document
This document is to help you understand what information we collect at OrgLynx and how we use it. When we talk about OrgLynx in this policy, we are talking about OrgLynx LLC, the company, OrgLynx, the downloadable application, and the OrgLynx website at www.OrgLynx.com. OrgLynx is available for use via a web browser or applications specific to your mobile device.
Information We Collect and Receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
When users create an account on OrgLynx, we collect their email address, username, and password. User passwords are encrypted using one way cryptographic functions, meaning OrgLynx never knows or stores the plain-text passwords on our systems.
We collect billing address and credit card information if you purchase a premium version of OrgLynx. Credit card information is securely transmitted over banking grade SSL certificates to our payment processor, FirstData. We do not store the full credit card details in our database.
When users use OrgLynx, our servers automatically record information, including information that their browser sends whenever they visit a website or their mobile app sends when they’re using it. This log data may include their Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page they visited before coming to OrgLynx, their browser type and settings, the date and time of their request, information about their browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device users are using OrgLynx on, including what type of device it is, what operating system they’re using, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device the user is using and its settings.
Precise GPS from mobile devices is collected only with a user’s permission. IP addresses received from a user’s browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
Content that you use to create your program(s). This includes:
This content can include name, subtitle, start and end dates and times, password, location, configuration settings, and other information to help people identify and locate your individual program.
Tasks and Challenges Content.
This content can include the task description, points, and the answers to tasks.
Logos and Banners.
This content can include image files, filenames and URL information that you supply when designing the look of your program.
Team Account Information.
This content can include team names, team email address and passwords supplied when creating teams.
Information from Partners or Other 3rd Parties.
OrgLynx may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
How We Use this Information
We use this information for the following:
Sharing and Disclosure
Providing the OrgLynx service.
We use information provided to authenticate users and deliver program content to users and from users.
Understanding and improving our products.
Investigating and preventing bad stuff from happening. We work hard to keep OrgLynx secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
Communicating with users:
- Solving users problems and responding to their requests. If you or a user contact us with a problem or question, we will use that information to respond to that request and address the problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information provided to contact you through OrgLynx.
- Email messages. We may send users service and administrative emails, such as welcome emails and other reminders. We may also contact users to inform them about changes in our services, or our service offerings. These messages are considered part of the service and they may not opt-out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails to OrgLynx users about new product features or other news about OrgLynx. Users can opt-out of these at any time.
We do not sell Data About Customers to third parties, Service Providers, Business Partners and Others. We may use certain trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the OrgLynx Service (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, and improvement of our Services' features). These third parties may have access to users’ information for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf and under obligations similar to those in this Privacy Statement.
There are times when communications and related content and other user information may be shared by OrgLynx. This section discusses only how OrgLynx may share user information. Organizations that use OrgLynx may have their own policies for sharing and disclosure of information they can access through OrgLynx. OrgLynx may share information:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect OrgLynx and our users. When we have a user’s consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or OrgLynx; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted to do so.
- With third parties and agents. We may employ third party companies or individuals to process personal information on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with this Privacy Statement. We may also share data with hosting providers, payment processors, marketing vendors, and other consultants who work on our behalf and under contractual promises of confidentiality.
- About users with your organization administrator. We may share a user’s email address and username with your organization to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts.
- That is aggregated and non-identifiable. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business or research purposes. For example, we may tell a prospective OrgLynx customer the average number of tasks completed within a certain time period or may partner with research firm or academics to explore trends in learning. Again, this policy is not intended to prohibit the disclosure and use of aggregated or de-identified data.
Securely Transmitting and Storing Data
OrgLynx takes reasonable steps to protect information users provide to us as part of their use of the OrgLynx service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When users enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions about OrgLynx’s Privacy Statement or practices. You may contact us at contact@OrgLynx.com.